WE2NG RET Summer Field Trips
WE2NG RET SUMMER SHOWCASE
The WE2NG program has 9 RET Colorado STEM Teachers from schools all over Jefferson County! They have worked on projects for 6 weeks focused on the water-energy nexus in collaboration with CSM faculty and the WE2NG program admins. The teachers showcased what they have put together over the 6 weeks.
Click the link for an article written about the Showcase!
Click the link for a High Education Tribune article written as well!
Teacher applications for Summer of 2016 are now closed. Please check back here for the 2017 application process!
This National Science Foundation "Research Experience for Teachers" (RET):
- Is a unique and experiential program focused on the water-energy nexus for Colorado STEM teachers at one of the world's leading science and engineering schools
- Will advance public knowledge and dialogue on the water-energy nexus through integration of teachers, and ultimately their students, with cutting-edge water-energy research and technology
- Will provide six weeks of summer trainingand year-round support for 25-30 K-12 teachers over three years, with the intention of infusing current research in the water-energy nexus into K-12 classrooms
- To impact teacher participants by increasing their knowledge of water-energy nexus and by expanding their perspectives on science, engineering, and research
- To directly impact K-12 students' learning, motivation, and engagement by increasing their teacher passion and awareness and by providing mentors from CSM in the K-12 classroom
- To impact K-12 STEM curricula via the creation of standards-based active learning lessons infused with current research which will be available through local, regional, national, and global forums